Hi Frank,

the solution Werner solved is working the same way. The multiplier and delta
gets computed once when receiving all necessary data. For each sample you then
only have to run one multiplication and one addition plus reassignment. The
math behind it looks a bit complicated but for very long (envelope) phases you
might need to update the current value manually because floating errors will
add up. There is Java code at the end of the article which should be easily
portable to any other language. We are heavily make use of this code in many
devices in our online DAW.

Greetings

~
André