Don Redman writes:

> tracks are something that belong to the context of a _specific_ album.
> Therefore it is perfectly legal for the same song to have different
> track titles on different albums.

OK, this works for me. Is there (will there be?) some way to see (or
add, if necessary) this relationship? I.e., "Funky Shit (album version)"
on single is actually the same as "Funky Shit" on album, even though
that's a different namespace. I think this is important information.

Still thinking about how to clarify the wiki, though. Needs to allow for
singles that don't just have one version of the main track. (Are there
any other unresolved issues on the page? It's hard to tell from the
note.)

An additional case is "album version" or whatever of a song other than
the main track of the single, not sure if this needs to be dealt with.
I would not count this as a potential source of confusion, unless an
additional edit of *that* track is included as well... (this probably
never happens on UK chart singles since they're limited to 3 tracks.)

--
things change.
[EMAIL PROTECTED]