On 1/26/06, Lukáš Lalinský <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > (This does not mention classical composers at all, but I see composers
> > only fitting in TPE1.)
>
> This doesn't mention composers because TPEx tags are intended to use for
> PErformers. For composers should be used TCOM frame:
>
>    TCOM
>     The 'Composer' frame is intended for the name of the composer.

Yep, my fault as I'm not using MP3s much, I sometimes get confused
about the number of different artist frames.

Anyway, TPE1 is where the main artist should go, even if it's a
non-perfoming one IMHO, because most apps only read this frame only
and we should try to keep at least some consitencies between the
different metadata specs.

OT: Does anyone know an application that is extending the default list
of allowed vorbis comment fields in some way? Maybe by utilizing the
proposals at
http://reactor-core.org/ogg-tag-recommendations.html or
http://www.gophernet.org/articles/vorbiscomment.html?

#Fuchs