a quick little aside that i'm not sure where to throw into this discussion:

what about instead of thinking of "non-muscian" and "muscian" think of
it as "credited" and "non-credited" (the credit being determined by any
albums liner notes)
there are some "non-muscians" that I feel are important and should be in
MB like mixers, and graphic artists and such. Those kind of ARs to me
are totally rellivant and I would hate to see those dissapear.

marrage seems to me like a "non credited" relation
and photograper seems to me as a "credited" artist.