On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 13:47:10 +0200, Steve Wyles wrote:

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Don Redman wrote:

The current "Recording Engineer" debate is a good example: Simon thought he was requesting a veto (but did not say so explicitly), but Steve put forward a dissenting oppinion (he did not label it as a veto) and spared another discussion.

I've just checked my archive and from what I can see, although the Recording Engineer proposal was mentioned on the mailing list back in December 2005, there was very little discussion on it. Well, there would have been discusion, but, it drifted off to a debate about "Mixed By"

The original thread starts here:

http://lists.musicbrainz.org/pipermail/musicbrainz-style/2005-December/001006.html

Thanks for pointing this out. Another reason to request a veto relatively soon after a discussion has dribbled out.

Interestingly this old thread shows that there were similar objections to the "mixed by" phrase, which is now implemented, and no issues have been reported at all. Also Discogs seem to use both phrases without any trouble.

  DonRedman

--
Words that are written in CamelCase refer to WikiPages:
Visit http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ the best MusicBrainz documentation around! :-)