derGraph wrote:
I like Chris' idea of copying he annotation data into the comment tag. However, this doesn't seem to be possible, since the annotations are multi-line text which allow wiki markup. However, we might add a single-line text field, some kind of "mini-annotation", where only a limited set of information should be stored. Of course, we'd need to insert another Picard option to replace / append / leave the comment fields ('append' might be impossible to implement, though), since some users might want to leave their comment tags as they are.

Yet another option? :) No, tagger script should do exactly that. But well, I
guess development talk about this can wait until we (if ever) actually have
track annotations.
And when I asked for annotations to be included in the webservice I was told
they're not useful there...

I like the idea of "mini annotations". This would be the perfect place for
titled parts of songs, because they are often too long to be added to the track title
(example: http://musicbrainz.org/album/63ae8f9b-af38-4a41-a1fd-e2b26c55ac4e.html).

Simon (Shepard)