On Tue, 11 Apr 2006, Beth wrote:

Thanks for the input. I'll remember that. Is there a character limit, or a
specific format that makes it worse?

I haven't found a fixed size that will cause it to crash, but using wiki markup in annotations will make it worse, because each ' has to be escaped with a \

Keeping the annotation below ~1000 characters should be okay.

The problem is a complex perl regex running out of stack space. But, it doesn't happen in all configurations. For instance, it will cause a problem for me, but not the NL mirror. Other people that run replicated servers have also experienced the same problem.

Steve (inhouseuk)