Chris Bransden wrote:
eg we don't remove "(live)" if a track has only ever been recorded live.

But we do remove the venue / date info. And we do remove (live) if the track is part of a live album. In general, we only label live tracks on studio albums or studio tracks on live albums to be the exception. Otherwise we would have to make each track name end with either (live) or (studio).

[...] then it's best to respect that contextual difference, and
have 2 different track names  (eg for the same reason we often ditch
'album version' when it is not contextually neccesary).

Pardon? Are you proposing to use two different titles for the exactly same (instrumental) song because we use only one title for the exactly same album version?

derGraph