Simon Reinhardt wrote:
And I'm very much for seeing (instrumental) as artist intent as it can clearify the general intended concept of the artists in a tracklisting.

I guess we all agree that ArtistIntent overrules all MB style guidelines. But obviously we disagree what ArtistIntent actually is. On this threat and on edit [1] I see a worrying tendency to argue that whatever is printed on the cover should be treated as ArtistIntent. And while we all have a general idea what ArtistIntent might be, there obviously is no consensus on this issue.

Therefore I think we should try to find a guideline to what we should treat as ArtistIntent. For example, odd case or obscure spelling should (almost) always be treated as ArtistIntent.

Any ideas?

 derGraph

[1] http://musicbrainz.org/showmod.html?modid=4643690