-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Steve
Wyles
Sent: Friday, May 05, 2006 6:23 AM
To: MusicBrainz style discussion
Subject: [mb-style] AR links to AMG

I've just done a quick check of the URL AR links and it appears there are
27 album URL AR links and 7 artist URL AR links into www.allmusic.com

It is my understanding that AMG don't allow deep linking[1] and linking
into a competitor is also a little cheaky. Additionally, the wiki[2] also
hints that linking to AMG isn't sensible for technical and legal reasons.

Questions:

1. Should we continue to allow AR's linking into AMG sites?
2. If 'no' to question 1, how can users be informed regarding this or
should a check be put in to prevent those URL's from being entered.

Steve (inhouseuk)

[1]
http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=32:amg/info_pages/a_faq_general
.html