2006/5/6, Aaron Cooper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On 5/6/06, Frederic Da Vitoria <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > No, it does not. And it clearly says ReleaseTitle *OR* AR: choose what you
> > prefere but you should add info to allow release disambiguation.

> > and server search could search also AR.
> >
> > With the current system IMHO only AR can be used only when ReleaseTitle is
> > quite unique, as one I saw recently "Too Hot to Handel". In the standard
> > "Brandeburg Concertos" I believe that adding (also) a little credit direclty
> > in ReleaseTitlle like "(Trevor Pinnock)" could do no harm and is helpful for
> > a bunch of purposes.
>
> I was about to suggest putting an example of this in the CSG (how the
> same album could be input with ARs or just using the album title),
> when I realized that we would need more precise guidelines. For
> example, "Brandeburg Concertos (Trevor Pinnock)" will work as long as
> Trevor Pinnock doesn't release a new version for example with the
> European Brandenburg Ensemble, and then we will probably have to edit
> the old album title in order to differentiate the two versions. But
> then what separator should we use, in which order. And I don't want
> anybody telling me the question is ridiculous ;-)

Don't we already have this occurrence with regular album releases?
There are different release dates, different tracklists (bonus tracks
in most cases), etc.  Doesn't seem like a problem to me.

Funny how it is often difficult to explain clearly one's meaning :-) I meant:
The issue here is album title disambiguation, i.e. showing in the
album list enough information to allow to pick the correct album
without having to open the album's page (but this could be useful
other places too). Clutcher said that if ARs are correctly input,
"Brandeburg Concertos (Trevor Pinnock)" would be enough to
differentiate Pinnock's version of the Brandenburgs from other
interpretations. But what if we need more than one performer (here
more than the conductor) to create different titles? If we don't
decide this now, we may (will) get mods no-voted because the author
seperated the orchestra from the conductor with a slash, while the
voter thought a dash or a comma should be used, or because the soloist
was put before the conductor instead of after. So let's decide these
conventions before the problems arise, for a change!

Here is what I suggest:
- The order (orchestra, conductor, soloists) should be the same as
when using the full "feat." syntax.
- performers should be separated by commas.
Why do I suggest this? Because these are just simplified versions of
the "feat." syntax.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria