From: Stefan Kestenholz

> it is that simple, because the examples in the [1] are not what the
> majority of titles already follow in the DB.

It was intentional: an agreement on commas was never reached in the past months so before this with or without comma was proper.

> please do not complain about how i edited them

Your editing is proper as always, but you came and simply made official something that is currently disputed.

> but join in and bring this styleguide in an consistent form now. the state of the CSG is desolate, and needs to
> be finalized if there should ever be consensus on how to format titles. This is _not_ a problem that will solve itself, we have to
> take charge.

I know and agree all this, but last time I tried to edit it I was stopped. I just wondered why you didn't have to follow any of the authorization processes.

> Even in the [2], most Op. and No. are punctuated before
> (using a comma), the only case where i do not add a comma is "Some
> Symphony No. X" because that would sever the strong connection
> between the Symphony and its number.

Oh, the comma matter is not really that important. Probably I'm the only one around that don't like it at all. Most of all I'm afraid of how a comma rule could be properly written without flames. What you did is surely proper and approved by all.

It's how you did that makes the nth way to change things in MB. We know each other but look at it from the bunch of new classical editors.

Ciao

MArco (ClutchEr2)