On 01/06/06, Bogdan Butnaru <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi!

I might have slipped myself into the "mass fixing" issue we had a
little while ago during Jane's election. Details are here:
http://musicbrainz.org/showmod.html?modid=4845882

In short, none of Jean Michel Jarre's albums cover that I ever saw has
the correct accents on words like Équinoxe or Oxygène. This is very
common slip-up and I don't believe that it reflects any intention of
Jarre, except perhaps as a design choice, like all-caps.

In other words, I think the fact that this is a common
error/carelesness dilutes the importance of consistency in determining
artist intent. Now of course that statement is sure not to be agreed
upon by everyone here, as for anything involving "artist intent".

we're not a dictionary - just use what's on the cover IMO. don't even
bring artist intent into it because it's not an issue here - if the
same title appears on all editions of an album, then it's the way it
should be in the DB. it's not just about what the artist wants and
doesn't want, it's about what people expect to see if they are
familiar with the artist.

it's the same logic as saying "Guns N' Roses" should really be "Guns
'n' Roses" or maybe even "Guns and Roses". lets not even go there :)