On 6/14/06, Dave Smey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all, I'm a newbie here..

Is there a chance of adding other commecial relationships?  I for one
would like to see an emusic link.  I've been driven into musicbrainism
partly because the data at eMu is often very sloppy and incomplete - it
would be awesome to think that people could eventually use MB to "shop" at
their outlet of choice.

This would be nice, but really, I doubt we could do this very well on
our own: there are quite a few shops (and probably there will be more
in the future), which probably change their data often, so links will
always be spotty and sloppy.

What would be nice would be shops that use our web-service to present
or at least to initially load the data. But I doubt that'll happen
very quick.

In the meantime I think there's a "can be bought from" relationship
that iirc can be used for exactly that. Amazon has a separate
relationship mostly because of the covers, afaik, and we have a sort
of contract with them to allow us to do that.

-- Bogdan Butnaru — [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"I think I am a fallen star, I should wish on myself." – O.