On 6/14/06, Don Redman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
We drop the RFC and RFV from the subject line. Instead, somebody who
starts a new RFC (i.e. who raises an issue which they want to get solved),
adds "<Request for Comment>" to the body of their mail. This line _must
not_ be cited in replies.
We do the same for RFVs

This way anybody can add a filter to their email program that will show
them exactly when which RFC and RFV have been raised.

This will probably be useful for at least some of the users. But why
drop the marker in the subject? The subject is, after all, supposed to
describe the email, isn't it?

That said, I'd think a large section of the users (even on the style
list) don't know how to create a filter, and I'm sure we'll often
forget deleting the list.

That said, those using GMail don't really need this: all replies to a
mail are grouped under a "conversation". I have a label which is
attached automatically (or manualy sometimes) to everything related to
MB, which works like a folder. I click on it and see all subjects, and
when I click on a subject I see all replies, neatly folded, with
unread ones open. Isn't that possible for other mail clients too?

-- Bogdan Butnaru — [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"I think I am a fallen star, I should wish on myself." – O.