>From the beginning a majority of people agreed that net releases to them
were worldwide. Currently we have worldwide and I feel we should use it as
such, if at another time someone chooses to press for "net release" instead
of world wide, great. Then we can shift to "net release".

Nyght aka Beth

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of joan
WHITTAKER
Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 2:07 PM
To: MusicBrainz style discussion
Subject: Re: [mb-style] Net Releases

We are in danger of discussing this topic to death and thereby losing the
very thing we sought to do and that is to decide which way we were going to
show net releases.

In an effort to get this sorted once and for all, may I propose that we
agree to show net releases as "worldwide" where other information is not
immediately forthcoming.

Already we have started the process of bringing extraneous matters into this

discussion and, to my mind, this is the way in which we lose sight of the
main objective.

Joan