On 7/26/06, David Moran <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Aaron Cooper wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> I just wanted to raise this question to the community about whether or
> not we should be setting the Release Artist to a DJ who has remixed a
> collection of songs by other artists.  The mod in question is:
>
> http://musicbrainz.org/show/edit/?editid=4965003
>
> The other releases in this set are already stored under the DJ who
> mixed them:
>
> http://musicbrainz.org/album/7d133405-4061-4d2f-b685-c47278eebc05.html
> http://musicbrainz.org/album/3b7c4880-0314-4390-93da-41b18c70a0bc.html
>
> Is this the correct way of doing things or should they be kept under
> Various Artists?  I noticed that several other Releases were stored
> this way (see Tiesto links below) and it seems like a reasonable
> practice.
>
> More DJ-mixed releases:
> http://musicbrainz.org/release/cf4d483a-1552-4405-874c-5381147a7e3b.html
> http://musicbrainz.org/release/4650eb32-ed5f-4951-9f30-88320e8473b5.html
> http://musicbrainz.org/release/620fc2ec-6dc0-4d32-8b60-d3e0e9b5d8eb.html
> http://musicbrainz.org/release/cb041e69-5246-4d1e-8428-0fcd8c5bd833.html
>
> Thanks for your time,
I am a firm believer in the ReleaseArtist should be the DJ mixer.
Especially when it is as blatant as being the artist on the cover of the
CD. Almost any music store you walk into has these releases under the DJ
who mixed them.

Thanks for your opinion, David.  Just as an FYI for you and everyone
else, this was a three disc set that is packaged together.  A
different person DJ-mixed each CD.
--
-Aaron