On 7/26/06, Arturus Magi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 7/25/06, Beth <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> The albums that are usually called in Japanese "Image Albums" and in
> Hollywood "Music inspired by...".  This is pretty common, they can be
> both instrumental (when inspired from the score) and/or pop/rock in
> nature, and often contain entirely new material that was not featured
> in the movie/game/tv show at all.
>
> I think they should be treated as if they were real soundtracks,
> because they are almost inextricably bound to the movie (or game, or
> whatever) that inspired them.

I would advise against considering 'inspired by' discs as soundtracks
unless they explicitly refer to themselves as soundtracks.

Whether they are treated as specifically soundtracks or not (That's
what we're discussing isn't it?) I am mostly pointing out they should
be mentioned in a soundtrack style guideline, so that everyone is
clear how they _should_ be treated.

DoCo stuff (Whether on a real soundtrack or an "inspired by" one)
would probably fall under the pop/rock kind of soundtrack anyway,
wouldn't they?

Regards,
--
Lauri Watts