On Št, 2007-05-03 at 10:32 +0200, Frederic Da Vitoria wrote:
> Classical users are so used to "chorus master" that we might be a
> little annoyed at losing this term, OTOH, "x conducted choir on y" (or
> is it "choirs"?) seems better than "x performed chorus master on y" to
> me!
>
> Can you explain what the second option would offer more than the
> first?

Well, in my opinion it reduces duplication, because both AR types deal
with the same action: conducting. I know that "chorus master" is a well
known term, but the problem is that it's a noun. For AR phrase you need
a verb and given that chorus master does "conduct" a chorus, having just
AR type seems better to me.