On Pi, 2008-01-18 at 07:46 +0100, Frederic Da Vitoria wrote:
> Please,  IMO a track should be a track. You know, those chunks of
> music which cd players number so conveniently while playing them and
> which are usually listed on the back of the sleeves :-) If we need
> another (more or less related) concept, let's use a different word for
> it. If we don't, we will trigger endless and meaningless and useless
> discussions like many we had about Artist. Just capitalizing it is not
> enough. What about MbTrack or TrackObject?

I'm personally more or less decided to use terms "track" (audio) and
"release track" (track on a specific release) in the implementation of
track merging. Almost everybody have an idea what to imagine under the
word "track", even if the definition is little bit different from person
to person. In NGS it was supposed to be called "master", but I think
"track" and "release track" are more clear than "master" and "track".

Lukas