> 3. "" Cantata, BWV 17 "Wer Dank opfert, der preiset mich": Part II, V.
> Aria "Welch Übermaß der Güte" - Here the whole number is Part II, V.
> because BWV 17 is seperated in parts. ""
>
> Would the opus "Cat # No. #" concept apply here?  ie,
> "Cantata, BWV 17 Part II "Wer Dank opfert, der preiset mich": V. Aria
> "Welch Übermaß der Güte"

Not as I see it, it's still the same work. It's not like, say
Beethoven's Op. 14 No. 2 "Moonlight" which is a new sonata with no
connection to Op. 14 No. 1.

> 4. Keys section, the German example:  --> 'Prélude No. 8 Fis-moll, Op.
> 28: Molto agitato' (German)
> Something I discussed on CSGD.  From what I understand, German is no
> different from the other languages, and "in" ought to be there.  This
> exception for German seems to have stemmed from this example - why are
> we leaving out the "in" in German?
>
> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/ClassicalStyleGuideDiscussion?highlight=%28classical%29#head-982eaa4f1d90cc5424ae4b0b6b1cc84fc6c5cd44

AFAIK that's the way the Germans do it. Ex:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beethoven#Werke_.28Auswahl.29
But I don't know if "in" has to be "forbidden"?

> 8.  Proper caps instead of sentence caps on the left side of the
> colon; arabic and not written numerals on the left side of the colon.
>
> Which is nicer?  The first is correct for how we do it now, but the
> 3rd looks nicer and cleaner.  (The 2nd isn't as clean, but might still
> be preferable):
>
> Concerto for 2 Pianos, 3 Violins, 2 Horns and Bass in C major
> Concerto for 2 pianos, 3 violins, 2 horns and bass in C major
> Concerto for two pianos, three violins, two horns and bass in C major

The 2nd looks good to me.
--

/symphonick