On 16 Feb 2008 at 4:46, Brian Schweitzer wrote:

> If I could perhaps, though, suggest a compromise:
>
> * I think we're all thinking Latin script.  Would we be able to agree
> that, for Latin script, standard punctuation should be used, but
> specifically with regards to quotation marks (not dashes, colons, etc),

One small question: What do you mean by "standard punctuation"?  I
assume you mean ticks for apostrophes, double ticks for quotes, hyphens
for dashes, and the like.

> if the language is written in a non-Latin script, language-correct
> quotation marks should be used?  [...]
> * Further, could we agree that language-correct punctuation spacing
> rules (as defined in the proper CapitalizationStandard) should be
> followed, so that CSG doesn't come into conflict with, for example,
> CapitalizationStandardFrench?

I don't know enough about non-Latin punctuation to comment, and
following the proper capitalization standard seems a no-brainer.  If
this isn't already documented (I'm surprised), then why not?

Thank you for seeking a compromise, BTW.

--
-:-:- David K. Gasaway
-:-:- Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]