On 20-Feb-08, at 10:35 PM, Andrew Conkling wrote:

So I started poking around to see how all these CSGS edits would impact my collection and found a lot that seem to be worse than they were before.

Some examples (limited to Mozart's Ĺ“uvre):
http://musicbrainz.org/album/e4bf2166-b9f2-48ce-8850-c574ca44aa00.html
Did track 4 just get forgotten?

Looks like it was forgotten.  It should look like the rest.

http://musicbrainz.org/album/a3523d3e- b172-4164-8406-5dda5eea7a28.html (tracks 5-8) Is this really a track-level detail? I know there are (more or less) two camps on this, but even for those who want all details in track names... really? (Also, how would you be able to tell? I wouldn't expect anyone to be able to tell whether there are clarinets or not.)

There was a *huge* discussion about this piece in particular. It is considered by some to be integral "version info", if you will, because there are two versions (with and without clarinets) that have the same catalog number.

http://musicbrainz.org/album/3883f2fd-44b1-4174-82a0- c1fb8dc1c8db.html (tracks 1-2) Tracks 1 and 2 are performed "together", but the track list doesn't show that. Does it turn out that they're from different works of Mozart's? How are we supposed to know that? And why three different ways to list a horn concerto?

This is probably a sign that the CSGStandard page needs some checks for consistency.

I realize I'm kinda jumping into the middle of a whirlwind of discussion, so please help guide me and don't let me rehash old discussions. ^_^

Cheers,
Andrew

-Aaron