On 19-Mar-08, at 12:57 PM, Lauri Watts wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 4:06 PM, Bram van Dijk
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Well, http://www.aelius.com/njh/tmp/musicbrainz_summit8_schema.pdf
>> seems to indicate that we will (eventually) get something like
>> Discogs'
>> ANV system.
>>
>> But I agree that until then, it may be better  to keep the releases
>> together.
>
> I actually think the opposite: Until we can indicate which is by which
> name when they're on the same page, it's better to keep them separate.
>
> Untangling which release has which name from all those compilations
> alone, is going to be a nightmare for some of these artists.  If we
> kept them separate now, but AR'ed, users could still follow the trail,
> albeit not as easily as if they were all on one page, and we aren't
> setting up yet another pile of rather tedious work once NGS is
> available.

Just want to say that as much as I want to see all releases by a band
that has changed names under one "roof", I agree with what Lauri has
said here - we need to keep them under their "correct" names and get
an AR in place.  Once we have those ARs connecting the two names, we
can make changes to the website to show all albums.

-Aaron