Hi, folks!  I'm glad to take on the role of style leader, and I hope it will
serve to get the style process moving in a good way, and cut down the tangle
of unresolved issues in the ClassicalStyleGuide.

If you want to contact me in my role as Style Leader, you can reach me via
the  http://musicbrainz.org/show/user/?userid=363367 contact link on my MB
user page .

I agreed with RobertKaye that the first order of business is to take a look
at our present style process. We want to see what works and should be kept,
and what needs changing.  The process by which we'll do this review isn't
defined yet, except that it will start with a small group working on it (per
http://lists.musicbrainz.org/pipermail/musicbrainz-style/2008-July/007011.html
RobertKaye's mb-style message of Jul 11 ), and will involve a community
review via the mb-style list. So don't worry about something vile being
snuck in. The timing I'm aiming for is that this take weeks not months.

I've started a page to organise this project, and communicate to you about
it, at http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/StyleCouncil/August2008ProcessReview .
Check it out.

Robert and I are actively recruiting a few MB participants to work on this
review. If you'd like to volunteer, please add your name and MB user name on
that wiki page. Jim will let you know if you are accepted. We have to keep
the group small to make it manageable. Don't worry, there will be a chance
for everyone on mb-style to take a look at what we come up with before it's
carved in (stone? vinyl? polycarbonate?).

If you have thoughts about the current process which you want to toss in the
hopper, I'd like to hear them. Send me a private message, or post them to
the appropriate section of the wiki page above. I'd encourage you not to
reply to the mb-style list unless you think it's of general interest.

Thanks, everyone.

-----
     -- http://jdlh.com/ Jim DeLaHunt , Vancouver, Canada  •
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/JimDeLaHunt