2009/3/27 SwissChris <swissch...@gmail.com>:
> What I could imagine to work would be a check box (like for the cover
> relationship), which for the lyricistAR allows to pick
> – "original" (= wrote the lyrics of the original version)
> – "translated" (= wrote the lyrics of the translated/adapted version in the
> language of the actual track or release)

We now have the 'wrote the lyrics for' AR which would indicate
"original" as above.
The new attribute 'translated' which this RFC is for would indicate
"translated" as above.

Isn't this covered in the RFC?

> This whould be purely descriptive (some guy wrote lyrics to this tune in
> language A; some other guy wrote different lyrics in language B), and
> independent from the content of the song or from how important the
> alterations were: from a very close translation (like e.g. "Next"/"Au
> suivant") to a completely new story told (like in the case of "My
> way"/"Comme d'habitude").

Well, completely different lyrics are not a translation, are they?
It's just new lyrics (accidentally in a different language).

Jan