Ok, I've refined the proposed AR's page, so lets give this another shot.
The AR is now much more restrictive, both in what can be linked to, and in
how many links the same story can have.

The new URL for the proposed AR is
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/News_Coverage_Relationship_Type

(Note that the URL has slightly changed since the original RFC.)

In addition, though this should not be considered a blocker for implementing
the AR, should this proposal pass, it is requested that dev time eventually
(near-future post-NGS, if not possible for the NGS release) be aimed towards
the following:

* Rather than using the link text "{{entity}} has news coverage at
http://www.foo.com/somestory.html";, the description field should be used for
the link text.

* The description field is a mandatory attribute for this AR, and thus, no
edit to add an AR of this type should be allowed by the server if the
description field does not match a "0000-00-00: (text)" pattern.

* When presenting this AR on pages displaying ARs, the description fields
should be sorted, so that date order is maintained, and each AR of this type
should appear on a new line, such that the resulting display is:

News coverage for Foo: 2000-10-03: A new band emerges!
                       2005-02-11: Foo's latest release is a hit

                       2007-09-05: Foo's 'All the Best Songs' goes platinum
                       2010-02-24: It's official, Foo is breaking up!

(which would, of course, when such a view is implemented, mean ignoring the
link text for the {{non-URL entity}}-{{URL}} display).

Are all these changes enough to make the AR both seem useful and
non-problematic?  :)

This remains RFC-68.  Without continued objection/debate, this new RFC will
move to RFV status on 2010-03-22.

Thanks!
Brian