On Apr 8, 2010, at 7:18 AM, Brian Schweitzer wrote:

<SNIP>

> Guidelines and principles say what they mean.  They do not mean what
> you say.  Period.

<SNIP>

> Ignoring your implication that I and others here have not done just
> the same, as I think every one of us who cares about style would fit
> your description.

( Preface: In 2006 during the great debate, I got hammered up and down
for dealing with troublesome people in private. When I went public
with the issues at hand and rejected Keschte as a developer many
people where shocked as what was happening and how things came out of
the blue. Having learned my lesson, I am taking the steps to reprimand
troublesome parties in public. Please bear with me. )

Brian,

It is the duty of the style leader to drive consensus and stop back-
and-forth arguments in order to drive the style process to a
meaningful conclusion. Your statements and actions in the style
process of the past few weeks have been anything but that. I know of
two people who have taken a step away from MusicBrainz because of your
actions. Thats two people who have spoken to me about this, which
means there are several more people who have quietly stepped away from
MusicBrainz because of you. Your actions are damaging this project.

Let's take one quote from you as an example:

 >  They do not mean what you say.  Period.

Voice is part of the community and working hard to improve the style
process. The style guidelines ARE what he says and what others say.
Its is your job to drive the community feedback process towards
consensus. It is not your point to shut down contributors that do not
agree with you.

I'm going to have to ask you to start behaving like someone who is
driving the community process towards consensus. You need to take your
personal interests out of the process and be inclusionary of other
people's feedback. If you fail to do so, I will have to ask you to
step down as the style leader. And, please spare me the long drawn out
arguments as to why your actions are right -- they are not.

--

--ruaok        The answer to whether or not something is a good idea
should not be taken as an indication of whether I want to do it.

Robert Kaye     --     r...@eorbit.net     --    http://mayhem-chaos.net