On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 8:25 PM, Grant Swanjord
<grant.swanj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Would this include "narrator" attributions?

I would include them as "spoken", but I don't work on audiobooks. If
you think a separate "narrator" attribute is needed, feel free to
suggest it as a sub-type of spoken. I think this would be an
improvement over the current situation in any case, because now all
kinds of spoken vocals, including narration, have to be entered as
either "other vocal" or just "vocal".

> -- Grant
>
> On Jan 25, 2011 1:16 PM, "Nikki" <aei...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> +1 from me too, spoken stuff is the main reason I need to use "other"
>> for vocals.
>>
>> and since you didn't include it, this proposal expires on the 30th
>> (around 2am CET, so still the 29th for a lot of people ;))
>>
>> Nikki
>>
>> Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren wrote:
>>> I would like to propose adding a "spoken" attribute to the vocal tree.
>>> The separate "Speaker Relationship Type" (RFC-55) is abandoned, and
>>> honestly, I'd say there is no reason to consider speech as different
>>> from the rest of the vocal tree. "speech" is a part of the advanced
>>> vocal tree pre-proposal (
>>> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Advanced_Vocal_Tree ), but I would rather
>>> have it available soon, not when/if that huge project is finished, and
>>> it being already present only makes it easier to work on that proposal
>>> anyway.
>>>
>>> I would put Spoken as a subtype of Other, which I think both makes
>>> sense in general and will avoid speech ARs set to Other from being
>>> "wrong". It is also where it is situated in the Advanced Vocal Tree
>>> pre-proposal.
>>>
>>> I haven't created a wiki page for this, as I think it is a minor
>>> change, it doesn't change a guideline nor creates a new AR and I hope
>>> it will be quite straightforward.
>>>
>>> A small sample of tracks that need this (which anyway makes it go over
>>> the 5 releases that would be needed to add a new instrument, for
>>> example) is here: http://musicbrainz.org/show/tag/?tag=vocal-voice
>>> Of course, that is not counting the (as of now 7714) audiobook
>>> releases, the (as of now 4641) spokenword releases and the (as of now
>>> 436) interview releases, which are probably all (or nearly all)
>>> spoken.

Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren