> What about when a series consistently uses "Vol."? The current volume
> numbers guideline permits anything if it's used consistently ("volume",
> "book", "tome", just the number, etc) as long as it's not an
> abbreviation, which just seems completely arbitrary to me.
>
> I can understand making a series consistent within itself, but expanding
> abbreviations for the sake of abbreviations doesn't really make sense to me.
>
> Nikki

That's a fair question.  For me personally, I like to have all my data
normalized the same, so I'd still prefer to see all "Volumes" handled
the same across the db, but maybe that's just me ... so this would still
bother me, but I have to admit I don't have a strong argument against it.

However, if we made that an exception, then that would require the user
to know what the titles of all the other releases in the series are
before being able to enter the data correctly.  Also, what about those
where there isn't a series at all but just a single release which
happens to be given a "Vol 1" title?  Just things to consider.

Jeff