Hi all,
I've got a disagreement here at edit #14579974.  This is for the StarCraft
II game soundtrack.  Currently it's listed under "Various Artists", but I'd
like to change it to the artists who are printed prominently on the first
page of the jacket, "Glenn Stafford, Derek Duke, Russell Brower, Neal
Acree".  (Note that there are additional composers credited for the music in
the soundtrack not listed there.)

The first two voters clearly disagree with me however.  I tried to
understand his position but he goes as far as to suggest that the Gladiator
soundtrack, currently listed under "Hans Zimmer and Lisa Gerrard" as on the
cover, should be changed to "Various Artists"!

So where is the distinction drawn between a Various Artists release artist
and a release attributed to all the major artists listed on the
cover/jacket/big text?  Is there a concrete guideline for this or is it, as
my gut tells me, "go with the big text"?

Thanks,
DY
<http://musicbrainz.org/edit/14579974>