On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 4:18 AM, Nikki <aei...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Piotr Szotkowski wrote:
> > So, my question is whether this was decided
> > already, and if so in which direction?
>
> Technically, yes, it was decided a long time ago (section 2c says "Short
> prepositions (three letters or less)"). Guidelines can be changed though...
>
> Nikki

The problem is if we say "capitalize prepositions four letters or shorter",
there's a few frequently-occurring words that can function as prepositions
or something else depending on how they're used.   Take the problems we see
with words like "out", "off", "on" and "as".  If we raise the bar to four
letters, it opens the door to words like "over", "next", "near", "like",
"down", "past", "than", "thru" -- Titles with Words Like Those Will Look
like Garbage to Everybody save Grammar Nerds Like Me.

--Torc.