Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren wrote

> On Tue, Nov 29, 2011 at 10:32 AM, Jim DeLaHunt <from.nabble@> wrote:
>> By the way, I think the process is that you should create a proposal page
>> with an RFC number for adding this site to the whitelist, following the
>> instructions at http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Proposals#Special_Procedures
>> . I
>> didn't see an RFC number in this thread.
>
> :) RFC numbers are not really used too often because they're seen as
> kind of a PITA, especially for small things like this - I mean, does
> it make sense to make people actually add a wiki page and all for such
> a small thing? It can all be added to the whitelist when/if it passes,
> which sounds like the only wiki page important enough to change...

I love the idea of making a simpler, lightweight process for simple changes.
Unfortunately, neither the rules for the regular process
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Proposals#Process_for_Idea_Champions , nor the
special procedures for "Has Lyrics At"
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Proposals#Special_Procedures offers that
possibility.

Interestingly, the regular process does not call for assigning numbers to
RFCs either.  It should; I think numbers are a good way to track and refer
to RFCs.

We do our editors a disservice when we change the process without changing
the written description of the process. We end up with a system that you can
only participate in if you live on mb-style.  And I know of many good
editors who would rather not live on mb-style.