Hi,

This was discussed ages ago [1] and got some agreement then but was never
actually put to action so I want to propose it as an RFC:

In the instrument tree I would like some of the generic terms changed to the
way they are mostly credited on releases:

- percussion instruments -> percussion
- string instruments -> strings

All other occurences of "... instruments" I would leave untouched for now
because they are just grouping specific things and I don't really see them get
used in credits but I very often see instrument performance credits for
"percussion" or "strings" and arrangement credits for "strings" so it would
just seem more natural to call them that in the tree.

This RFC expires on the 21st of December.

Cheers,
   Simon

[1]
http://musicbrainz.1054305.n4.nabble.com/Removing-some-quot-instruments-quot-from-the-instrument-tree-td1060704.html