On 04/01/2012 01:25, SwissChris wrote:

>     On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 1:42 AM, ChurruKa <churr...@hangar18.cc> wrote:
>
>      > On the work types definitions, I'm not sure "Song" has to cover
>     instrumental
>      > works (i.e. compositions with no "singing").
>
> I'd propose "Tune" for instrumental songs

I don't like the idea of coercing "Song" to include instrumentals at all
- it seems a really perverse use of the word. The word "Tune" or "Set of
Tunes" is correct for instrumentals in Western European traditional folk
music, but is it applicable to rock/pop instrumentals?

I already added some ramblings on this to the wiki talk page:
http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/User_talk:Reosarevok/Work_Types. Now I
wonder if that was just bifurcating the discussion pointlessly? Sorry.