Thx...
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Frederic Da Vitoria
  To: MusicBrainz Style Discussion
  Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2012 8:18 PM
  Subject: Re: [mb-style] RFC-347: CSG update for NGS

  2012/1/25 pabouk <pab...@centrum.cz>

    Frederic Da Vitoria wrote

    > 2012/1/24, pabouk &lt;pabouk@&gt;:
    >>> Yes, tagging is important to bring new users to MB. But using the
    >>> disambiguation field would not necessarily break it. It depends on how
    >>> the interface presents the data to client applications. Plus the
    >>> change would not necessarily break tagging.
    >>>
    >> We will need at least a plug-in for Picard (if it is realizable by a
    >> plug-in).
    >
    > Probably, but not necessarily: the API could return the concatenation
    > of the title and the comment. This may be a bad idea fr other reasons,
    > but at least we should check.

    The API should not be changed such a non-systematic way
    just to avoid changing applications.

  If we were only to consider MB applications such as Picard, I would agree
with you. But I believe we should also think of the non-MB applications.
Keeping previous functionality is IMO important, applications and systems who
don't are often not well considered.

  --
  Frederic Da Vitoria
  (davitof)