Hello,

On 06/02/12 12:18, Rupert Swarbrick wrote:
> Kuno Woudt<k...@frob.nl>  writes:
>> So this would be the first part of CSG to be come an official style
>> guideline?  If so, this page is not ready to be part of the guidelines.
>>
>> The artist credits for a track should be whoever is credited for that
>> track.  Does this proposal change that, or is just that we should enter
>> the composer in the artist credits for a track if there is no artist
>> credited for a track on the release?
>
> *sigh* It documents the existing behaviour for classical releases, which
> is that tracks are credited to the composer of the work that they are
> performances of.

I know that's what we did pre-NGS,

> Look at previous discussions tagged CSG on this list to find out more.

An editor shouldn't have to read previous discussions on this
mailing-list to understand what a guideline means.  In order for the
proposal to be ready for the official guidelines it should be
understandable by new editors which are reading the guidelines for the
first time and have no knowledge of previous or current practices.

-- kuno / warp.