2012/2/9, symphonick <symphon...@gmail.com>:
> 2012/2/9 monxton <musicbra...@jordan-maynard.org>
>
>> On 07/02/2012 20:20, Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren wrote:
>> - There's lots of heated debate about Artist Credit, but we already have
>> the mechanism for including that data in ARs. Some people are dismissing
>> those because they are too difficult to edit. So the problem we should
>> be tackling is the editor. If all this information is added to the AC,
>> is that a tacit agreement that ARs are not going be used? Duplicating
>> data is generally a Bad Thing.
>>

> No, a future solution should definitely be based on ARs IMO. Then we can
> search for roles, for example. These suggestions is about making use of the
> current UI, not about going back to pre-AR MB. Some of the limitations of
> the artist fields (only one artist possible or create a new collaboration
> artist) were removed in NGS, so I want to update the guidelines to reflect
> this. But the artist concept just doesn't fit classical, and I'm hoping for
> a solution eventually where you can enter all ARs when entering a release,
> and the artist fields will get populated automatically. But we still need
> to decide what data these fields should contain.

With the current UI? I really believe this would be impossible to
enforce with the current UI. I agree that the best (?) system will
probably imply modifications to the database schema, but I think there
are intermediate steps where the UI could be modified without any
schema change in order to make these rules usable.

--
Frederic Da Vitoria
(davitof)

http://www.april.org