On 12.2.2013 18:58, Frederic Da Vitoria wrote:
 >> 2013/2/12 ListMyCDs.com <musicbra...@listmycds.com
 >> Some possible solutions: - Special work-work relationship:
 >> "non classical work" based on "classical-work".
 > Do you mean creating as many works as arrangements?
Yes. I wouldn't still seriously recommend this, there's probably better
options. With this option we would soon have tens of versions with the
same title.

 >> - Catch-all work for arrangements
 > You mean one catchall work for each arranged classical Work?
Only to those which wouldn't have a good reason enough to be separate
works. Like arrangements for a specific performance or arrangements not
having 2 different recordings would be linked to this. Also unknown
versions. This would clearly separate other versions from the original
versions.

 >> - Using "recording of" with cover attribute for non classical works.
 > This is IMO the best option. Calling a jazz version of Bach a "cover" is
 > a little strange..
Maybe a best and easiest solution. Similar solution would be adding an
attribute called "arrangement" for the current "record of" relationship.
This would clearly separate other versions from original works on work
pages. Like we currently have cover recordings separated from other
recordings. We wouldn't need to duplicate works for every random
arrangement and it would be easy to fix current relationships.

- ListMyCDs.com