On 22.2.2013 11:44, Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren wrote:
> Hmm. {instrument}? I would have expected more something like two
> attributes, orchestra/choir - how often does a conductor conduct just
> one kind of instrument, except in weird things like the Ukulele
> Orchestra of Great Britain?

For example, rock band could be including String section on their
performance. Conductor would then be conducting strings only. Looks
silly when "The Beatles" is having conductor-relationships ;)

It's not that common but different sections (string, brass, percussion,
etc) of the orchestra might be recorded separately. These sections are
sometimes having different conductors (especially when recorded on
different locations).

Sometimes separate conductors are used because of the limitations of
location. For example on a bigger church chorus and organist might not
be seeing the guy conducting the orchestra. I remember an concert where
trumpet section was located behing the listeners and other players where
in front of them. Naturally these groups couldn't follow the same
conductor.

For choir we already have "choir master" which is usually the same than
"choir conductor". Sometimes smaller vocalist groups (like 8 singers)
could be having their own leader and then it could be wrong to credit
someone as a chorus master.

- ListMyCDs