On Thu, Mar 7, 2013 at 4:42 PM, MeinDummy <meindu...@nurfuerspam.de> wrote:

> -1
>
> The proposed change in the guideline may result in tracks being credited to
> the release artist even though it is well known that another artist is the
> performer.

Indeed, that would seem to be the point of artist credits, to credit who's
credited. For the actual performer, why not use relationships + recording
artist as proposed?

This is contrary to the majority opinion in  RFV-333: Unify track/recording
> guidelines
> <
> http://musicbrainz.1054305.n4.nabble.com/RFV-333-Unify-track-recording-guidelines-td3722980.html
> >
> that tracklists are not our vehicle for reproducing release contents "as on
> cover".

Note that RFV-333's point was to merge both so that we had _a clear
starting point_ and could later decide what should and shouldn't deviate,
not to forever block this changing.
--
Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren