On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 8:12 PM, caller#6 <
meatbyproduct-musicbra...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  On 03/11/2013 05:45 AM, Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren wrote:
>
> The guidelines for type on http://musicbrainz.org/doc/Style/Release_Groupare
> incorrect now that we have compilation as a secondary type that doesn't
> have to be selected on its own.
> I propose changing that section to what you can see in
> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/User:Reosarevok/Release_Group#Type
>

> Before: "The type <http://musicbrainz.org/doc/Release_Group#Type> should
> apply to most of the tracks... "
> After:    "Any secondary
> types<http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Release_Group/Type>should apply to most of
> the tracks... "
>
> Isn't the "before" version still true?

How does "Album", "EP" or "Single" apply to any tracks?

> Before: "a various artists soundtrack should be entered as a soundtrack
> and not a compilation"
> After:    "a various artists soundtrack using pre-released music should be
> marked as both a soundtrack *and* a compilation"
>
> If I'm reading that rightj, something like the Resevoir Dogs soundtrack[1]
> is a compilation? I guess I see how it could be, but I never thought about
> it in that way. Am I the only one that thinks that sounds strange?

Note the change is making this *less* open, not more, in that this
previously implied every VA soundtrack was a compilation even if it wasn't
listed as such. But if we don't agree with that, there are certainly other
possible examples to use :)

--
Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren