My latest version :
A  MusicBrainz Recording is an original audio track or the product of
mixing and/or editing one or more audio tracks. (Optional) MusicBrainz
recordings must have been released.

Definitions of audio track, mixing and editing as now.

I don't think this is any more complex than the current version. I think
original audio track is fairly easily interpreted.