This is another "what's printed on the cover" vs. "what we know"
dilemma, and I'd appreciate a discussion among "classical" editors who
care.

The problem is how to handle the recordings of Alfred Scholz, a prolific
creator of budget "classical" recordings the 1970s. I won't go into all
the details here because I already documented it in the wiki:

http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Budget_recordings_of_Alfred_Scholz

with some discussion in the related Talk page:

http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/Talk:Budget_recordings_of_Alfred_Scholz

See also http://musicbrainz.org/edit/21801909 which prompted this post.

The one thing I'd add here is that these cheap releases are typically
owned by people who don't know much about "classical" music, or else
they'd know to buy a better one. They commonly have problems like the
track titles not matching the audio, the same movement being included
twice and another one omitted, and so on. Basically they are ****.