symphonick wrote
> IMO the guidelines should cover common usage, I believe "stranger artistic
> projects" can be regarded as an exception here. ;-)
> Does explaining mastering help? Maybe, maybe not; I added the last
> suggestion because the other terms (audio track, mixing etc) are explained
> with roughly the same level of detail. You can probably remove the
> definitions of mixing & editing too.

It would be possible to remaster one of the songs on a release and not
remaster the others, so I'm not sure "set/group of recordings" is a good
thing to change it to. This could happen on some deluxe editions of
remastered releases (where the original mastered tracks are included
alongside the remastered ones). I can see what you're saying, but I think
it'll make too many problems. Especially since the current recording
definition implies that a recording is mastered, not a set.

symphonick wrote
> I'd remove "particular format" because it might imply that there's a
> different master produced for every format.

There is a different master for each format (except digital formats), isn't
there?