2013/8/6 Frederic Da Vitoria <davito...@gmail.com>

> 2013/8/6 Ben Ockmore <ben.s...@gmail.com>
>
>> I've updated the guideline, hopefully it's more acceptable now. As is
>> usual for the whole "recordings used on tracks", the wording is a little
>> awkward, but I don't find it too bad.
>>
>> http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/User:LordSputnik/Proposals/Recording_Title
>>
>> New RFC end: 12th August 2013, 20:00 UTC
>>
>> Added a few examples, but I couldn't really think of any good recordings
>> which a selection of non-official tracks, or of any standalone recordings.
>> Please feel free to suggest good candidates!
>>
>> Although the selection of names for a recording may seem limited at
>> first, in these cases it may be possible to merge recordings, then select
>> the best name from a wider range of names. For the earlier example of "Calvin
>> Harris remix" vs. "Calvin Harris mix", one could probably be merged into
>> the other, then the title selection process followed to obtain the most
>> consistent title.
>>

> I like this, it is getting simple and concise. A few points though:
>
> Why did you put "*from those tracks*" in bold? It makes me wonder if
> there is a catch or a less than obvious meaning. Actually, I wonder if it
> wouldn't be better to put the word "official" in bold. I believe it could
> be missed.

I had to read the first sentence many times before I was sure I understood.
In the second sentence "which has tracks" seems superfluous to me? Looks
fine otherwise.

Just brainstorming: "Titles for recordings should be set to the most
commonly used official track title. If there are no official albums, just
use the most common variation of all available track titles."

> It took me some time to understand what you meant in the next sentence,
> "For any other recording which has tracks". What about "For a recording
> never officially released"? Or "For a recording not officially released"?

/symphonick