drsaunde wrote

> Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren wrote
>> Not really - proposals pass if they're not vetoed. kuno specifically said
>> he wasn't vetoing this - I'm not sure about drsaunde so let's wait a bit
>> and see if he clarifies it :)
> Based on the examples provided and the proposal, I cannot find any
> measurable difference between a mini-album and an EP, so I don't see why
> we need 2 categories for the same thing.

Well, what's the measurable difference between a single, EP, and album?

You can have a 42 minute, 8 track EP:

http://musicbrainz.org/release/95f94241-8568-4d6f-aeb1-3d8da18e5120

And you can have a 37 minute, 8 track album:

http://musicbrainz.org/release/d38d37ed-7da8-3105-bc4f-2e7661667126

The only difference is what the artist/label calls it. So how do you justify
objecting on the basis of lack of a measurable difference? What measurable
difference is there between single/EP/album that is lacking in relation to
mini-album?