There are certain labels in our database that we have no term for, such as
http://musicbrainz.org/label/62472b9a-778c-4559-bb43-0557f8542d2e . These
labels are called "talent agencies," or simply "agencies." They provide
services (such as artist management) that are currently irrelevant to MB, but
in Japan in particular agencies retain a tremendous amount of creative control
over artists. The following is a list of services talent agencies provide that
we currently have ARs and situations for:
They often hold publishing rights, copyrights and phonographic copyrights to
releases, recordings and works by artists under their umbrellas (see
http://musicbrainz.org/label/62472b9a-778c-4559-bb43-0557f8542d2e/relationships).

They release music under in-house imprints. In the case of physical releases,
the manufacturing and distribution are handled by a major record company;
digital releases are often handled directly (sometimes using a special imprint,
sometimes not). Example of an in-house imprint:
http://musicbrainz.org/label/3cae9a61-3417-43fc-ab67-508ddd9b0c15
Executives from an agency are often credited as executive producers on
releases. Example of such a relationship:
http://musicbrainz.org/artist/4ba26995-c8e3-4045-b4f9-507ddb34eeb6/relationships

There are a few other relationships I can think of that we may need ARs for in
the future, but I will propose them in separate tickets.

Ticket: http://tickets.musicbrainz.org/browse/STYLE-313
Since this is likely to be controversial, I will tentatively set the expiration
date to 2014-4-14 and I may extend it if necessary (if the admins are cool with
this).