Hi,

Am 2015-02-02 um 13:50 schrieb Nicolás Tamargo de Eguren:
> Ages ago (before my style time) an RFC passed to implement "step" and
> "half" attributes for the sibling relationship, and "step" for the
> parent/child one.
a question I had on my mind for some time, that could have some impact
on this: what is the policy on adding people that have no reasonable
place in our database (i.e. never performed in any role related to
music), but are useful as "relationship proxies"?

The case I came across was that a man and his grandfather are both
musicians in MB, but the man's father is not. The grandfather
relationship cannot (at the moment) be entered directly, but could be
constructed by adding the father (not otherwise useful to us) and
relating the other two to him via parent-child.

This would also make half-brother relationships superflous: you could
just link both brothers to their shared parent. If X is the step-parent
of Y, you could replace that with a marriage and a (normal) parent link
via a new person Z.

Of course, some intelligence in software would be needed to show the
transitive relationships. But that would be nice, anyway, so that "don't
make relationship clusters" makes sense.

--
Robbe