Eric Wong <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > > Erm, this is against trunk, r7398
> >
> > Hardly any progress this week.  Also been distracted into thinking about
> > the impending musicpd.org server migration and future administrative
> > things...  (git migration, bugtracking, website/wiki, etc...)
> >
> > http://bogomips.org/mpd/mpd-wip-20080804-r7398.diff
> > SHA1: a037519da6d2926cdf14ee86f8e893e3baf33e0e
> >
> > Still too ugly to commit, but most input plugins should work now (I used
> > AAC and MP4 for the first time today).
>
> Some build fixes for WavPack and hopefully for non-bs(build system)
> users, too:
>
> http://bogomips.org/mpd/mpd-wip-20080806-r7398.diff
> SHA1: a3afd31a6c3f7b8b625591e1ab1b38de15189d4e
>
> Also started cleaning up a bit, if I can stay awake tomorrow[1] i'll
> break the changes up and commit.
>
> I think random may be broken, but repeat, stop, start, seek, play all
> work with tracks of any length (really short tracks, too).

This will likely be the last WIP I post before I start cleaning
up and committing to the repository[1].

* Random and random+repeat should be fixed.

* Compatibility to non-Linux pthreads implementations should be improved
  (untested).

http://bogomips.org/mpd/mpd-wip-20080812-r7398.diff
SHA1: 4de2c91128e183390c2d80ba873c23a4618d0b3d

[1] - maybe it'll be a good time to officially declare the git repository as
      "official".

While working on fixing random, I noticed our shuffle and randomization
algorithm don't give an even distribution.  I'll commit fixes to those
independently of the core-rewrite changes going into trunk.

--
Eric Wong